I’ve been MIA for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
I recently found my main Passion in life and hopefully my story can help you find yours.
1. START LOOKING FOR ANSWERS
For the longest time I had no idea what my passion in life was!
Who’s ever felt the same?
Where do you find the answers? Well just start looking and asking!
About 2yrs ago I turned to GOOGLE (maybe not the best idea but it worked for me). I literally typed in “How to find your passion?”
Guess what turned up? A TED talks by Scott Dinsmore called “How to find and do work you Love.” That started my journey into self discovery. I purchased Scott’s online course called: Live Your Legend. Scott passed away in a freak accident a couple of years ago unfortunately, if you’d like to support his message to the world then purchase the course above, I get nothing out of it, plus I truly think it’s a decent beginners course.
I wrote down my strengths and hobbies, but still couldn’t decide on what my passion was. Scott’s course was more geared towards doing something you LOVE, the problem? I LOVED EVERYTHING (or so I thought)!
E-commerce, Sports, Real Estate, Dropshipping, Personal Coaching, Author, YouTube, Start a Restaurant, Open a Gym, AAAAHHHHH!
#2 FIND YOUR WHY:
I then stumbled onto Simon Sinek’s Find your Why program and learned that we are all driven by our own unique WHY. Your purpose on this earth. It’s why you do what you do. It’s basically defining what drives you and putting it into word form.
For example: If your passion is helping school kids that’s WHAT you do, not WHY you do it. There’s a difference.
If you would like more clarity I highly suggest watching Simon Sinek’s Ted Talks.
Simon’s course is a quick simple 4hour session of self discovery that you do with a close friend. I did mine with my 2 good friends Mark & Erin and……EUREKA!
To Inspire Others to Experience Life Through Meaningful Connections
But thru which avenue, which channel? Should I host fitness events? Write a book? Run a Travel Company? Start Match.com 2.0? AHHHHHHHH
*Simon’s course shows you how to find your WHY but not what to do with it necessarily. I was still missing the key ingredient.
I was taking action to try and figure things out but for some reason I was taking action towards CHASING THE $$$ vs. what would ultimately make me happy.
Looking back I should’ve immediately hosted a fitness event, wrote a blog, started a travel company, taking action in any of those ventures would have given me such good feedback, but instead I started doing real estate, started a t-shirt company, started selling things on Amazon…..things that had no relation to MY WHY.
#3 SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PASSIONATE PEOPLE
Fast forward 2 years to this October (2017) I was debating joining an online business course with James Wedmore called “Business by Design”.
I had no business I wanted to bring online.
I was not passionate about the businesses I was doing up to this point.
It was not cheap but I took a leap of faith and registered. I said screw it! I’ll figure it out. Little did I know that:
Hanging out with Passionate people brings out the Passion in You!
That’s it? That’s all it takes? I could’ve done that 2 years ago!
I realize now that finding a community and environment where everyone is working on their passion is NOT an easy thing to find.
My advice: search for one or join Business by Design!
Attending Business by Design has been one of the best decision of my life. It was a 3 day event held in Laguna Beach with 220+ passionate entrepreneurs. There were self improvement mentors, guided meditations, business strategies, I mean it had it all!
It wasn’t as simple as attending the live conference which helped me to discover my passion. There were a couple of key things I did prior and during the event that helped me to uncover my passion.
- Before the conference I started the Business by Design program called “Momentum” designed to help me uncover my niche, I wrote out my story/strengths
- I’ve done many other self-evaluation questionnaires before, but this one was different
- Low and behold I discovered that HEALTH was a top priority in my life. EUREKA! Although I didn’t make the connection then that my top priority equated to my passion. The story I kept telling myself was that finding my passion was going to be hard, I’m confused, so guess what, even when it was directly in front of my face, my own story kept me from seeing it.
WHAT STORY ARE YOU TELLING YOURSELF?
Connecting with like-minded individuals
- You can’t be a wall flower and expect answers to come to you, I had to go engage, and when I engaged I had to tell them the truth: “I’m still trying to figure out my passion and I have no clue what I’m doing here”
- At the event I intimately spoke with over 20+ people about my different interests: being vegan, real estate, e-commerce, cryptocurrencies
- I realized that other people are like sounding boards. When you share you get to hear yourself talk………… all you have to do is LISTEN to the story you are sharing.
- The Business by Design community created an environment where I felt safe to share and get honest feedback at a super accelerated rate!
- The more I spoke to each individual a common thread seemed to appear. I was speaking more passionately about one particular topic, I had extra spunk when I spoke about this topic, you guessed it, it was anytime I spoke about……HEALTH, Vegan health to be exact 😉
Hmmm so HEALTH is my passion eh. Well duh, I’ve only grown up doing every sport there was, go to the gym 5x a week, spent the last 4 years doing triathlons, half marathons and fitness bootcamps, join multiple basketball leagues and blog about being Vegan. HOW COULD I BE SO BLIND!!
- Take a leap of faith, sign up for that course or program.
- Find your WHY, it could help you discover your passion
- Take surveys and questionnaires. Discover your story, your strengths!
- Write out all the milestones in your life: focus on Lessons, Breakthroughs, and “Ah-Ha’s” (personal tip: focus on the good lessons, don’t be too hard on yourself) Do this over and over and over again until you see a common thread
- Talk to others about your interests: as many as you can, on social media, in person, with friends and family, heck even with complete strangers! Be transparent to get honest feedback
- If it doesn’t work once, try it at different points in your life, it could well be timing or the universe saying it’s not your time yet
- Lastly tell yourself a different story, one where you’ll succeed, find your passion and become great because you can be!
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
My WHY is what matters to me and can now be applied through my passion. Your WHY could be applied to anything even through your job!
If you put my Why and my Passion together, it becomes:
“To Inspire Others to Experience a Healthier Life through a Vegan Lifestyle and Community”
Something like that….work in progress 🙂
Good Luck on your journey to finding your Why and Passion if you haven’t already!
I need luck as well because now I have to act upon my passion and create a unique experience for those who want better health! Stay tuned!